Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Moment

The last few years have often been tainted by struggle and sorrow, but for this moment in time I am completely fulfilled.  

Today has been beautiful, a welcome respite, a special Mothers Day. 

I am happy in a simple and peaceful way.  I am appreciative of my blessings.  This mortal life is often strewn with hardship, but it is also strewn with times of joy.  I often yearn for the pure joy of uninhibited moments and today has been full of those moments.   

I am thankful for the opportunity I have to be a mother.  My daughters are a special gift.  I yearned to become their mother and will never forget the miracles they represent.  I will be eternally grateful that they are apart of my life.  They shaped my person before they were conceived and continue to create my character on a day to day basis.  I love them and they love me.  I will forever be their mother.    

I am thankful for my mother.  She is my best friend and will forever be my mentor.  She consistently guides me in a wise and loving manner.  She provides me with a pristine example of motherhood.  I unabashedly aspire to become like her.  She has taught me to always rise to the occasion and overcome the odds.  She has shown me how to be a strong yet tender women. She has given me the gift of faith and has helped me to embrace small moments.  I love my mother with all my heart.  I am glad we will be together forever.  I am glad my mother she will always be.  

1 comment: