Friday, August 5, 2011

Just A Little Note To Self

"Future self, please remember this precious moment. It will never be repeated in the exact same way that it occurred on this day."

Who: Eldest Little Woman
What: Running up the stairs
When: On a drowsy summer morning
Why: To share a new discover with her mother
Note: The sweet and innocent 6 year old voice moving ever closer and growing in pure joy and excitement while repeating the phrase "mommy, mommy."

What was her joy about?
I don't recall; her new discovery didn't strike me as important.

The important thing was her voice. A rare and beautiful moment occurred on this sun kissed dewy morning; for a few precious moments her voice gave me the gift of transparently embodying her soul in its entirety.

As it reached my ears, I froze mid-step and took a mental note to always remember the sound of her voice. To remember the vibrato and pitch of it happily echoing through the stairwell while she searched for her mother.

As she searched for me. You see...she loves me. She wanted to share her innocent joy with me. With me, her mother, the women that has always loved her and forever will.

Note: Every moment of every day must be cherished. All too soon my little girls will grow into beautiful women, never to be young again.

No comments:

Post a Comment