Tuesday, September 29, 2009

And He Walked Right By

So an amazing and wonderful thing happened to me yesterday.  As a family we ran on a quick errand to our local Home Depot.  (We are making a PVC Pipe Skeleton for Halloween!) Anyhow, while there we decided to split up.  Hubby went one way while the midgets and I went another. 

After a few minutes of gathering the items on my list I decided to bunker down in one of the aisles.  I knew that staying in the same spot would prove much more beneficial than wandering aimlessly in search of my honey.  

Staying put turned out to be a smart move and within a few minutes I notice my husband walking by.  He on the other hand didn't appear to see us.  Needless to say I yelped his name and he turned with a surprised look on his face. 

Now here comes the fun part...

My best friend in the whole world, who has seen me at my best and worst, and loved me regardless looked at me and said "You have lost so much weight that when I glanced down this aisle I didn't realize I was looking at you."  
Oh joyous day!  

It is officially the little moments in life that make my heart smile.  Although, rarely do those little moments directly revolve around me and my physical appearance.  But, after two children and large amounts of weight gain as well as loss, it was nice to have my sweetheart unknowingly offer me such a wonderful compliment.  

And the moral of the story is... 
"There is nothing more sincere than an unintended compliment."  
Thanks Babe
You totally made my day!



 

1 comment:

  1. Ok, that's awesome! And you do look great! You've been working so hard!

    Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete